- Our Services
- Environmental Health
- Water / Wells / Closed Loop
Water / Wells / Closed Loop
Water/Wells/Closed Loop Well:
- Review plans and issue permits for private water wells, closed loop wells and sewage disposal systems.
- Inspect new or repaired water well installations, closed loop well installations and private sewage disposal systems.
- Conduct mortgage surveys of properties served by private water wells and private sewage disposal systems for property transactions.
- Give assistance in disinfection of contaminated wells.
- Provide assistance in design and problem solving consultation.
- Receive complaints on any failing systems, or abandoned wells.
- Ensure that abandoned wells are properly sealed.
- Sample and monitor non-community water supply systems.
- Provide presentations to schools and organizations on ground water protection.
- Sponsor annual forums for the purpose of exchanging ideas and networking with local septic contractors.
- Collect water samples from private water supplies for laboratory analysis.
Instructions for Obtaining a Water Bottle
Water bottle must be obtained from the Tazewell County Health Department during working hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The cost for a water bottle for coliform sampling only is $25. Nitrates/nitrites are an additional charge. Please contact Tazewell County Health Department for cost.
Water bottles are accepted back at the Tazewell County Health Department Monday through Wednesday, 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., and the sample must be collected the same day of delivery.
The water sample results are sent to the owner as soon as the results are received. Results take approximately one week to arrive.
Click here to learn more about chlorides in your drinking water.