Tazewell County Green Initiatives
The Green Initiatives Program is funded through Tazewell County landfill fees. This initiative is sponsored and supported by the Tazewell County Board and the Tazewell County Board of Health. Through the most recent Tazewell County Solid Waste Plan, five areas of focus have been implemented. The Tazewell County Green Initiatives Program may provide incentive dollars to jump start community organizations and businesses to begin or expand recycling and composting.
The 2018 Tazewell County Resource Recovery and Management Plan is listed here.
The five areas of focus are:
- Food Waste Diversion: coordinating the Food Recovery program to promote food recovery and food scrap diversion to compost.
- Special Events: providing recycling and composting opportunities during community festivals.
- Multi-Family Dwellings: increasing the ability of residents of apartment complexes to recycle.
- Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional: providing opportunities for large scale recycling.
- Education and Awareness: increase education and public information about the need to recycle and compost.
Find resources for recycling, food recovery, composting and other waste diversion practices here.
Tri-County Green Hero
Campaign Partners: WMBD, TCHD, WCHD, Peoria County Sustainability Department