What is WIC?
The Women, Infants, and Children Nutrition, Education, and Supplemental Food Program (WIC) is funded by the USDA. The WIC program:
- Encourages regular prenatal and health care
- Gains access to online self-study lessons
- Promotes nutrition and improved health through education
- Provides nutritious foods for health, growth, and development including food vouchers accepted by many local vendors
- Works with Family Case Management to allow access to resources
- Supports breastfeeding (PDF)
What do I need to bring to my WIC appointment?
It is important that you bring everything listed here to your appointment. Otherwise, you may not be able to receive services.
For Certification Appointments:
- 2 recent paycheck stubs for each person in the household, or proof of an active SNAP case (an award letter or the ability to display an active case screen by logging into the SNAP website)
- Completed Medically Prescribed Formula Form (PDF) (only needed if formula is prescribed to you by your doctor)
- Immunization records (if the child received shots somewhere other than the health department)
- Proof of pregnancy, if applicable
- Proof of residential address (your medical card is not approved as proof of residence)
- Your child
For Nutrition / Education Session:
- Internet certificate, if applicable
- Proof of address (if your address is different since your last appointment)
- Your WIC ID folder
WIC Eligibility Guidelines
View the WIC Eligibility Guidelines for July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
Nutrious food packages and coupons are provided without cost to pregnant, postpartum, or nursing women, infants, and children. Learn more about Nutritious food packages (PDF). Program eligibility is determined by the following:
- Has a child younger than 5 years old
- Has physical, nutritional, and financial need as determined by an evaluation and screening
- Is pregnant or has had a baby in the past six months
- Meets income guidelines
For additional information, please contact us:
Tazewell County Health Department
21306 IL Route 9
Tremont, IL 61568
Wic Walk-in Clinic Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
1 - 4 p.m.
2nd and 4th Mondays
8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.