The appointment dates will be March 9-13, 2021. Appointments will not be final until confirmed by TCHD via email, phone or text. Be aware that appointments may fill quickly.
The online scheduling link will be announced on the TCHD website: www.tazewellhealth.org and TCHD Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tazewellcountyhealthdepartment.
At this time, TCHD is vaccinating those persons in Phase 1 A & 1B ONLY, including:
- Persons 65 years and older
- First Responders – Fire, police, 911 workers, security personnel, school officers
- Education (Congregate Child Care, Pre-K through 12th grade) – Teachers, principals, students support, student aids, daycare workers
- Food and Agriculture – Processing, plants, veterinary health, livestock services, animal care
- Manufacturing – Industrial production of goods for distribution to retail, wholesale or other manufacturers
- Corrections Workers – Prison/jail officers, juvenile facility staff, workers providing in-person support
- Postal Services Workers
- Public Transit Workers – Flight crew, bus drivers, train conductors, taxi drivers, para-transit drivers, in-person support, ride sharing services
- Grocery Store Workers – Baggers, cashiers, stockers, pick-up, customer service
- Shelters/Adult Day Care – Homeless shelters, women’s shelter, adult day/drop-in program, sheltered workshop, psycho-social rehab
Phase 1B Plus - A large number of people in the original Phase 1A and 1B categories have not been vaccinated. TCHD will not move to vaccinate the 1B Plus (16-64 years with underlying health conditions) on February 25 as announced by the governor because of limited vaccine supply. Local health departments are also waiting for guidance from Illinois Department of Public Health on detailed medical conditions and how a person will prove an underlying health issue/co-morbidity. TCHD will announce appointments for those in the 1B Plus population when more guidance is available.